Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 9

I have no 10x10x10 photos today, I'm sorry. I have had a bad day.

Last year I worked really hard on studying, something I haven't done in a very long time, and at the end of last year I applied for some courses at Uni. I was incredibly hopeful that I would get into my choices and when 1st round offers came out mid Jan I was incredibly saddened to not be offered a place. Today 2nd round offers came out and yet again I was not offered a place. "Oh well" said I, determined to keep going about my day, until my best friend called. I love Claire with all my heart and as soon as she asked how I was I couldn't maintain the "oh well" attitude. I had the great pleasure of talking to Claire for 2 hours, something we haven't done in a long time, and I feel better now though still a little disappointed.

I have decided that instead of 10 photos taken in 10 minutes I will put up 10 photos of people and things that are important to me and make me happy, they will be in no particular order but are all equally important.

         





Miss C: She is my baby, and always full of cuddles and has the best giggle















My Moo: Such a charmer and incredibly thoughtful



J: Growing up so fast and such a smart kid


 My Tom: Always there for me and soooo silly


















My Sister: Bestest friend and my life wouldn't be the same without her















My Nephew: Raised so closely with my own kids I consider him one of my own kids, He proudly answers to "Pesky" just like my own kids do. He is rapidly becoming the king of bad jokes














My Niece: So much attitude and gumption. I love her fearlessness. Her logic is so twisted you can get dizzy trying to follow it







Claire: I am lucky enough to have 2 of the bestest friends. Claire has seen me through so much and sounds like Muttly when she really laughs. There is nothing I wouldn't do for her













My Friends: Simon will probably kill me for this photo but it makes me smile every time I see it, I think he is hissing at me.
I have some wonderful friends that, sadly , I don't have photos of everyone and even if I did this post would be waaaaaay to long. So if I don't have your photo up here its not because you aren't important to me, it's simply that I need to stop having so much fun with you and remember to pick up my camera




The Little things: Rainbows, butterflies, beautiful fabric, soft blankets on a cold day, drinks with friends, a good band, dancing 'til your feet hurt.
All the stuff that fills in the gaps of the really big things












So on a day when I feel as crappy as I do today I feel better for looking at the things that make my life special. Thank you for sharing these things with me and showing an interest in my life even if it doesn't take me where I thought it would I am glad to have walked this path with you

Lauren



1 comment:

  1. That was awesome! I am really moved by what you have said about each & everyone here. Can I say tho, that it sounds like you won't be blogging anymore?!?! Please keep going, I am enjoying it & have even started one of my own!

    Love you to the moon & the stars & back again....
    Sare

    ReplyDelete